New England's source for mountain bike trails, bike pictures, trail maps and more  
HOME NEWS FORUM TRAILS PHOTOS LINKS ABOUT US

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:30 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Profile DSL-1 
Author Message
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 11:57 pm
Posts: 364
Location: PA
Post Profile DSL-1
Here is another of my winter project bikes. Its an '01 or '02 Profile dual slalom frame. I tried to build it up with parts from the same time period, most of the stuff I had laying around. I always thought the Profile mountain bike frames were cool. I would like to find one of their downhill frames with the Lawwill-esque suspension. I remember there were a couple of them on here for sale a few years ago.

Image
Image
Image
Image

specs:
•Profile Racing DSL-1 2002 frame, medium
•Marzocchi 2002 Bomber DJ fork
•FSA Pig headset
•Answer Alumilite bars
•NYC Freeride Blox stem
•Race Face lock-on grips with ODI End caps
•Avid BB7 brakes,165mm rotors, Avid SD 7 levers & KoolStop pads
•Profile cranks 175mm & 6" steel spindle, classic spider
•Blackspire 38t DH chainring
•E13 SRS chainguide
•Shimano LX cassette 11-32
•Shimano XT rear derailleur
•Sram PC59 chain
•Shimano XT shifter, no indicator
•Profile saddle
•Thomson seatpost w/ Atomlab clamp
•Shimano shift & brake housing
•Eastern Magnesium pedals
•Sun Mammoth 36H rims laced to Hayes / Hugi hubs, qr rear (the loud one), 20mm front with DT Swiss spokes and brass nipples
•Tioga tires
•Continental tubes
:robot:


Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:11 pm
Profile
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 242
Location: North Conway New Hampshire
Post 
hpow many "winter projects" do you have?

_________________
real, or fake??


Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:21 pm
Profile
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:45 pm
Posts: 96
Location: Norwood,MA
Post 
I like the retroish, although it really isn't that retro, well cool "not new", "not old" bike, anyway

_________________
Team Boca Bearing


Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:58 pm
Profile
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:58 pm
Posts: 2139
Location: buffalo NY
Post 
need to swap out the BLOX stem with an old school Azonic unit, then it'd be complete.

_________________
Image


Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:59 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 2032
Location: Rhode Island
Post 
My buddy Tom has a Profile fully for sale. PM if interested.

_________________
Image


Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:40 pm
Profile
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:00 pm
Posts: 1722
Location: On the losing end of a wishbone
Post 
Man.........I mean..........it's just that..........and.........like.....WTF? :-?

Are you planning on opening a MTB museum? You and D-$ might be able to set something up between the two of ya's. You could call it the Super-Badass Bike Gallery.

Seriously, I die a little inside every time you guys post a bike. :cry: :lol:

_________________
Slaphead Mofo Leisure Team
AZtech Bikes
Sunday River Mountainbike Park
Image


Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:18 am
Profile
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:51 am
Posts: 3207
Location: I'm just sayin....
Post 
sharp build, as always.

(don't you hate when people come to EXPECT that out of you??)

were the BB7's around back in 2002?
how about some Hayes hydros with Razorrock levers? 8-)

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:48 am
Profile WWW
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 11:57 pm
Posts: 364
Location: PA
Post 
I do have an old azonic stem, but the NYC just looked nicer.

I almost did go with a set of early Hayes purples, but the Avids were just easier to put on. To be really retro I could have put on the cable actuated Hayes hydrolics I have. They are the old style BB7s, I think they were around then.


Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:09 am
Profile
Contributor

Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:43 am
Posts: 10589
Location: Handsome-Boy Modelling School
Post 
RD3 wrote:
I do have an old azonic stem, but the NYC just looked nicer.

I almost did go with a set of early Hayes purples, but the Avids were just easier to put on. To be really retro I could have put on the cable actuated Hayes hydrolics I have. They are the old style BB7s, I think they were around then.


They were definately around then. I got my first BB7's in really early 2001.

you should make a single post of all of your bikes...that would be a really cool thing to see.

_________________
JD 08/24/04 RIP
2 x 2 = sweet hair


Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:26 am
Profile
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:09 pm
Posts: 707
Location: Sunapee NH
Post 
^ I agree a whole post of all your bikes, or even a sticky just for you and your bikes :grin:


Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:18 am
Profile
Contributor

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:16 pm
Posts: 376
Post 
haha werd- i had a dr-1- it was sweet- but heavy. did i mention it was heavy?


Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:39 pm
Profile
Contributor

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:08 pm
Posts: 273
Location: Manchester, NH
Post 
auntesther wrote:
...you should make a single post of all of your bikes...that would be a really cool thing to see.


Skip the post give him a section header at the top of the page. Sweet build!


Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:09 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:27 pm
Posts: 173
Location: WInchentucky, Massachusetts
Post 
nice build. Love that stem.

_________________
V brakes...dig em


Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:41 am
Profile
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:26 am
Posts: 541
Post Re: Profile DSL-1
RD3 wrote:
Here is another of my winter project bikes. Its an '01 or '02 Profile dual slalom frame. I tried to build it up with parts from the same time period, most of the stuff I had laying around. I always thought the Profile mountain bike frames were cool. I would like to find one of their downhill frames with the Lawwill-esque suspension. I remember there were a couple of them on here for sale a few years ago.

Image
Image
Image
Image

specs:
•Profile Racing DSL-1 2002 frame, medium
•Marzocchi 2002 Bomber DJ fork
•FSA Pig headset
•Answer Alumilite bars
•NYC Freeride Blox stem
•Race Face lock-on grips with ODI End caps
•Avid BB7 brakes,165mm rotors, Avid SD 7 levers & KoolStop pads
•Profile cranks 175mm & 6" steel spindle, classic spider
•Blackspire 38t DH chainring
•E13 SRS chainguide
•Shimano LX cassette 11-32
•Shimano XT rear derailleur
•Sram PC59 chain
•Shimano XT shifter, no indicator
•Profile saddle
•Thomson seatpost w/ Atomlab clamp
•Shimano shift & brake housing
•Eastern Magnesium pedals
•Sun Mammoth 36H rims laced to Hayes / Hugi hubs, qr rear (the loud one), 20mm front with DT Swiss spokes and brass nipples
•Tioga tires
•Continental tubes
:robot:


So how many bikes do you have exactly?

_________________
PSU '07


Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:08 pm
Profile
Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:51 am
Posts: 3207
Location: I'm just sayin....
Post Re: Profile DSL-1
Lions wrote:
So how many bikes do you have exactly?


that's like asking a woman how old she is...

:roll:

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

All material Copyright © 2002 BustedSpoke.com, All rights reserved. Use of this site signifies your agreement to our Terms of Use.